Jaben Community
October 02, 2014, 09:23:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: GoVibe Petite-DAC first pics!  (Read 26027 times)
heady

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 03:05:24 PM »

Just want to share this little tip. The amp won't work with just USB power alone. The batteries must be in for it to work.
vinloh

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 04:04:54 PM »

I have got this for coming to a month now and I have to say. This is properly the best device invested after listening to music for so long.

Before this HeadPhone amp, I was planning to buy a few thousand dollar
Pioneer Amp with CD player and so on. One day, I saw a headphone amp in my customer office and ask him what is that. He hook me up with Jaben.

I went down to Jaben a couple of times, spent hours there trying out everything I can. Wilson is so willing to let me test anything that I ask, from headphone to amp, even earbud. I must say Jaben is the place to go if you want to find good stuff without pressure.

After much testing around, I short listed this Small Go-Vibe Amp+DAC and MS1 Headphone Combination.

I play music from CD ISO, MP3 from my Laptop and iPods. Go-Vibe DAC+Amp with MS1, is properly better then the thousand of dollar that I am planning to invest.

What I like about this setup:-
- small and portable- for a headphone setup
- DAC - Although only 16 bit, the SQ is not anywhere less then 24 bit DAC
- Only need battery and USB to charge.

Just my 2 cents.
albert_ri

I love the smell of napalm in the morning...

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 08:33:47 AM »

Tried the GoVibe-DAC petite yesterday at Jaben... I like the sound it produces the bass and highs are well blended or should I say seperated hehe  Grin the stage sound effect is also good... I am currently using C&C Box+ and I find upgrading to Go Vibe is a small step up for me I love Bass from Box+, and Go-Vive gave almost the same bass level...

But GoVive is smaller than my Box+ that's the plus alright... hmmmm thinking thinking...

IPOD Nano Red Gen2 & iTouch with Shure SCL2/XBi Ruby/Super Fi.3 amping via C&C Box+
tristram

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 06:09:57 PM »

Grin

I am loving the small DAC petite with the power sound pumping up my mp3 songs belted out through the window media player.

It is really very nice sounding and the bass is good and solid... and I am so glad I can just afford it together with an equally stunning red AT SQ5 cans.

These 2 simply kicks ***! Now for some continuous burning in to do them more justice.

Many thanks again to Wilson for the ever so friendly service and fine job of bringing such items of desire to the needed here.

Btw, it was stated in the instruction sheet that the amp is for cans of 16ohms to 120ohms (so I am keeping my DT990 away for awhile), anyone with more demanding cans may wanna try first.

Cheers. 
albert_ri

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

Grin

I am loving the small DAC petite with the power sound pumping up my mp3 songs belted out through the window media player.

It is really very nice sounding and the bass is good and solid... and I am so glad I can just afford it together with an equally stunning red AT SQ5 cans.

These 2 simply kicks ***! Now for some continuous burning in to do them more justice.

Many thanks again to Wilson for the ever so friendly service and fine job of bringing such items of desire to the needed here.

Btw, it was stated in the instruction sheet that the amp is for cans of 16ohms to 120ohms (so I am keeping my DT990 away for awhile), anyone with more demanding cans may wanna try first.

Cheers. 

was using my Shure SCL2 cans when I tried the govibe petite DAC at Jaben... The sound was great come to think there's no togle or switch to play around like the Box+ One thing I really like about it is the size it's small and sound great for it's size

IPOD Nano Red Gen2 & iTouch with Shure SCL2/XBi Ruby/Super Fi.3 amping via C&C Box+
tristram

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 07:20:32 PM »

Yup the sound is really nice even though I just started burning it in since I got back this afternoon.

Well, I do have a C&C Box V2 (not +) and also a purple XO which has the switches to play with. This Petite has got the nice size and I love the lighted switch which makes it look like a tomahawk to me, luckily not quite at that price though, phew. It is also my first amp with a DAC function so I am enjoying the MP3 tracks and MV or movie clips direct from my PC easier.

The nice size also makes it my current on the go amp and can complement my notebook too! Will probably start a song collection in the notebook soon for the purpose, yay. With DAC amps like these and Predator, Pico... soundcards may just be history soon.

I prefer its synergy with the 1) AT SQ5 and 2) KSC75, then 3) M1, when compared to my 4) X3i at the moment. Hope the burning in will improve further.

Thing is, this amp can't drive my DT990 well enough for me, so this amp with its DAC is not really replacing the XO or Cute Beyond. Maybe my Box V2 and ibasso T1 will make way somewhere?   
hairygorillaz

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 07:35:28 PM »

Grin

Cheers. 

was using my Shure SCL2 cans when I tried the govibe petite DAC at Jaben... The sound was great come to think there's no togle or switch to play around like the Box+ One thing I really like about it is the size it's small and sound great for it's size

The switches on the Box+ are nice to have but not needed. How does the Go Vibe Petite stack against the Box+?
albert_ri

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 08:33:57 PM »

Grin

Cheers. 

The switches on the Box+ are nice to have but not needed. How does the Go Vibe Petite stack against the Box+?

I think it's a good upgrade but like I say comparing with my box+ i feel it's a small step up I like box+ bass and so as govibe come to think you can't play around with any setting in govibe but it still produces the same sound as whbox+ with stage sound, bass and high gain are all on. The biggest plus was the size comparing to box+

I just have XBi cans haven't use it yet I am planning to try it with govibe see how it performs... hehehe my SCL2 cans sounding good with both box+ and GoVibe

hairygorillaz

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 09:10:21 PM »

Well. Would be nice to have a budget DAC and AMP with controls like the Box+ right?
albert_ri

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »

Well. Would be nice to have a budget DAC and AMP with controls like the Box+ right?

yup true that's why I like my Box+.... but govibe even without those controls sounded good

hairygorillaz

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 11:07:57 PM »

Must try it the next time i'm there.
albert_ri

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »

yeah man must try must try.... for me I am thinking other concerns is budget also haha

hairygorillaz

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »

yeah man must try must try.... for me I am thinking other concerns is budget also haha

Budget is a problem for me too. But still must try first
albert_ri

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »

Budget is a problem for me too. But still must try first

bad idea hehehe that's why I never tried Tomahawk hehehe don't want to get poisoned Shocked

savagevamp

In search of Audio Bliss !?

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 09:28:01 PM »

Ok...good news for Livewires owners....This is a good amp to be paired with Livewires from my experience of testing out so many amps with Livewires....Low on hiss and provide good sound stage and seperation of sound.

Headphones:
Audio Technica A900, Alessandro MS1, Denon AH-P372, Koss Portapro & Audio Technica ONTO.
IEMs:
Livewires, Westone UM1, Klipsch Custom 1, Mylarone X3 & OVC T20.
Amps:
AE2, Corda XXS, Portaphile V2V Maxxed, Xtra X1 Maxed, LDM+ & Fiio E3.
Speakers:
nEar04
DAC:
Zero Custom Mod
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: