Jaben Community
September 23, 2014, 07:22:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing/upgrading cable for UE TF10 pro  (Read 4610 times)
daffodilistic

« on: April 27, 2010, 07:29:30 PM »

Hi all,

It seems that the stock cable for my TF10 has broken down, and now I need to get a new cable. Question is, which one should I get? I heard there's the twilight/transwarp cable around, but does jaben sell them? Not looking for the  Westone cable please, I don't want to spoil my TF10 drivers.
Snoweagle

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:19:53 PM »

Hi all,

It seems that the stock cable for my TF10 has broken down, and now I need to get a new cable. Question is, which one should I get? I heard there's the twilight/transwarp cable around, but does jaben sell them? Not looking for the  Westone cable please, I don't want to spoil my TF10 drivers.

Using the ES2 cables will no spoil your drivers. I've been using it for over 2 years and so far sounds still as good as new!

DAP: iPhone 4S 16GB.
LOD: ALO Cryo SXC 18G.
Portable Amp: RSA Predator.
IEM: UM Custom (TF 10 Reshell +1 driver) & Whiplash TWag V2/TWcu 26 Hybrid custom cable.
generalwu

这世上没有偶然,只有必然...

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:43:22 PM »

Just a notice when using ES2 cable is that it will enlarge the pinholes
and hence make UE default isze cable loose when connected...

Cheers... Grin

JetAudio/Foobar 2000 -> Styleaudio Peridot DAC -> Harman/Kardon Soundstick II/Denon AH-D2000
Ipod Classic 120Gb -> Graham Slee Voyager -> UE TF10Pro
Ipod Nano 6th Gen -> Klipsch X10

direcow

Here Be Geeks

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 08:50:18 PM »

Cheers... Grin

hence the need to shave it down...

Music: 5.5G DIYmod 80GB > DIY mundorf BG LOD > RSA Predator > Whiplash TwAg > UM SF5EB
Home: Foobar2000 (wasapi) > Audio-g.d. COMPASS neutral + Moon > JMoney Pad Denon D5000
noobforever

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 02:28:47 PM »

Lune cable from null audio Smiley bought it and been satisfied with it since.
evilorgi

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »

Cheers... Grin

meaning after i change the cables to ES2 i will not be able to use back the stock cables? how about ue customed cables? will it cause the same thing?
generalwu

这世上没有偶然,只有必然...

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 06:49:44 PM »

You still would be able to use back your default stock cables just that now that the holes are enlarged,
they'll be loose and may lose your IEMs if not careful. Same goes to UE custom cables...

JetAudio/Foobar 2000 -> Styleaudio Peridot DAC -> Harman/Kardon Soundstick II/Denon AH-D2000
Ipod Classic 120Gb -> Graham Slee Voyager -> UE TF10Pro
Ipod Nano 6th Gen -> Klipsch X10

evilorgi

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 01:20:54 AM »

You still would be able to use back your default stock cables just that now that the holes are enlarged,
they'll be loose and may lose your IEMs if not careful. Same goes to UE custom cables...

i see i see. thanks for the enlightenment. going by your experience, do you think it's worth to make the jump? and roughly how much will this cost @ jaben? i am finding the stock cables A bit stiff...
Snoweagle

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 11:59:48 PM »

i see i see. thanks for the enlightenment. going by your experience, do you think it's worth to make the jump? and roughly how much will this cost @ jaben? i am finding the stock cables A bit stiff...

I think it's worth it. Have been using the ES2 for 2 years and so far so good. Cable management is a lot easier now.

Price wise u can call jaben to find out as we're not allowed to quote pricing here.

DAP: iPhone 4S 16GB.
LOD: ALO Cryo SXC 18G.
Portable Amp: RSA Predator.
IEM: UM Custom (TF 10 Reshell +1 driver) & Whiplash TWag V2/TWcu 26 Hybrid custom cable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: