Jaben Community
April 23, 2014, 04:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Livewires Duals help!  (Read 1986 times)
popiah123

« on: May 25, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »

Hey guys, i just collected my livewires and i noticed something wrong (or weird). While burning in with the 30 seconds frequency sweep file from burninwave.com/#freqsweep , the volume drops till there's almost no sound at all from 2-6 seconds. Is this normal because of the hi/low driver configuration or is it just a case of incomplete running in? Also, when i play music with my iPhone 3GS, the livewires sound nothing like the demo set at jaben. everything just sounds muddy. Please advice guys, as the sound i am getting is rather disappointing.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:03:01 PM by popiah123 » Logged

Players: Apple iPad 3G 64GB/ iPod nano (touchscreen) 16GB
IEMs: LiveWires 2/ Reshelled TF10
dennis28288

little cousin with DT880s

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:48:50 PM »

no worries with the freq sweep, it for quite a large range of frequencies, perhaps to the level that we can't hear. I expereinced the same problem as you are right now, the livewires sound very different from the demos, being very muddy and all. I had mine for about 6 months alr and it is still in the process of improvement. These things take a very long time to burn in, and when they do, you'll never want to take them out of your ears.  

current most used rig: livewire-dual>corda XXS>diyed scag/twcu cable>ipod classic 80g
other cans: er4s, dt880, hd600(twcu recabled)
other amps:asgard, edge
dac: govibe dac
previously owned: govibe petite, RSA Tomahawk, pk2, pk3, mylar x3, mylar xb, mylar x3i, sm3
popiah123

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 03:02:55 PM »

that's a relief! i really thought there was something wrong and want to go back to jaben to RMA it or something. hahaha, thanks!

popiah123

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »

Oh by the way, what do you use for burning the livewires in?

dennis28288

little cousin with DT880s

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 11:02:46 PM »

i used frequency sweep, as you did, pink noise/white noise.... I kind of prefer to let it burn in naturally by playing my songs.

current most used rig: livewire-dual>corda XXS>diyed scag/twcu cable>ipod classic 80g
other cans: er4s, dt880, hd600(twcu recabled)
other amps:asgard, edge
dac: govibe dac
previously owned: govibe petite, RSA Tomahawk, pk2, pk3, mylar x3, mylar xb, mylar x3i, sm3
XiaXueYi

Noobcake Audiophile Turned SNSD Fan

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 11:56:14 PM »

It's near impossible to get an accurate picture with customs. With universals, audition set and bought set wouldn't be much different; but remember that for customs, the fit, the shape and such may affect how the sound gets to you.

There have been many recounts of people saying that higher-end 'universal' customs sound muddy or less good compared to their higher-end brothers (.g. JH10 to JH13) until they went to buy one, 2 or more.

For burning-wise, try to monitor it if you can. Leaving it overnight and all doesn't help; it may actually strain the components. The best and easiest way is to simply appreciate the changes as you listen to them.

Portable: "Silverfone" diyMod 5G 30GB(Black) | "Cottonfone" TWCu LOD w/ Elna Silmic II caps | RSA Emmeline "The Hornet" | Ultrasone HFI-780 | ATH A700 | JH Audio JH5
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: