Jaben Community
July 25, 2014, 03:59:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: censorship?  (Read 2842 times)
KKFA

« on: February 18, 2012, 05:13:01 PM »

A friend told me about a post here but I cannot find it here so censorship is active here in Jaben Forum?

I do agree that inappropriate posts should be taken out but at least a note to that effect should be posted and the poster informed. The rest of us will also know and avoid future such posts.

Just a thought.
Cheers.
alamakazam

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »

in such situation, common sense comes into play

O2 Headphone Amp - OPEN SOURCE PROJECT
Wilson@Jaben
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:30:42 PM »

Hi KKFA,

Just for the record and this is written here openly, not just as a response to your post, but in the past as well. This forum has always been moderated and there is no secret about it. Why else is there so little fights and how else could this forum have been kept decent all this while.

Censorship as you see it serves your thought processes and mine differently. If you wish to debate about what relevant censorship should or should not be, do drop by the store and I will make time for you.

In this case, and you can choose to believe what you like; the post was removed to protect the person who posted it. The person who posted it, was seen by the administrator of our forum in bad light... the reaction was "what a low-down, low class person...".

I, too was surprised until he pointed out to me that the poster is a neighbor whom we have directed people to visit if they wanted something that they are dealers for.  Or if they could not be found as they were tucked away in a deep corner.

Want proof? or will you take the effort to find out yourself? And yes, in the event the poster thinks he can wipe out his tracks, all the proof has been captured and filed away.

My point is very simple... I believe an audio store should concentrate on their business and if playing the role of an innocent kid is the reporter's purpose to experience the rush he needs, then it was neither a sound decision nor was it a scary experience for him.

What an awful shame that he would even join our forum and try to make fun for his own cheap thrill. To which I say, Grow up.

Regards, Wilson

KKFA

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 09:58:56 PM »

Thanks Wilson for the reply.

As per my post I fuly agree that inappropriate posts should be removed and posters warned or even blacklisted.  I am in no doubt that you or your moderators have good reasons to remove such posts. I am merely suggesting that perhaps a note from the moderator that such and such post have been removed would save time for people who might be looking for it.

I am only suggesting and it is up to the administrators of the each site to decide for themselves. Site visitors are, like you said free to believe what they wish and continue to visit or not.

Perhaps censorship was a wrong word to use and if I have offend any sensibilities, please accept my apologies.

Now lets get back to the audio.

Cheers.
Wilson@Jaben
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 02:13:57 PM »

Smiley , Have a great Sunday.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: