Jaben Community
September 03, 2015, 10:49:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ACS T1  (Read 20035 times)
Roady

« on: October 14, 2008, 04:42:37 AM »

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:41:42 PM by Wilson@Jaben » Logged

Portable: ACS T1 - IQUBE-UL Signature - i-ipod
Portable used: ALO VCAP, Predator, Pico, UE11pro, SE530, UM2, ER4S, ED9,
Headphones: GS1000, RS1, W5000, K701, K1000, ESW10
Home: Wadia 781i - Gryphon Sonata Allegro  - Gryphon Antileon Signature Mono - Wilson Watt puppy
ackt

A.C

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 05:00:07 AM »

Shocked
An ACS T1 user... Anyway good reviews u posted here.
So anyone wants switch to ACS T1? Grin Grin Grin

Portable: Cowon D2|Westone UM2|.22 Ordance Amp.
Others Headphones and IEMs:ATH-ANC3|HD555|HD650
david

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 05:13:19 AM »

Shocked

sigh... fixed cables are a big no-no for me.... especially when you have itchy fingers like mine Grin Grin Grin Grin uncle ridgzin knows what i'm talking about. plus i do enjoy the versatility of detachable cables and the ability to mix and match sound signatures, so perhaps, detachable cables arent such a bad thing after all Tongue Grin Grin Grin
i've always wondered how strong silicon is though, prone to breakage and rub damage?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:44:43 AM by david » Logged

Darkkopi

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 05:14:23 AM »

How much wider is the soundstage to the ue11? comparing to an APS ER4S?

Gba_chia

YNWA

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 05:21:09 AM »

Nice write up Roady!

Tried Kidult's caps and ICs recently...

Still on the fence about the caps though. especially considering the performance vs size. Also since they didn't do anything for me in particular.

But for the ICs, I must say they are realllly good. However they aren't Ultimate Link prototypes... More like... personal prototypes...  Cheesy

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:32:01 AM by Gba_chia » Logged

Fujitsu U2010
Apple Iphone 3G, 3rd Gen 40G Ipod, Ipod Touch
UE Triple Fi
Westone UM 1
ESW 9 - Custom Cables
FreQ Shows - Red / Clear

Does anyone collect Nike Sneakers???
Roady

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 05:47:52 AM »

I personally own a set of Ety ER-4S with Westone custom but didn't went for the APS cable change, IMO that should be the ER4S in its 90-95% performance, based on that, the ACS's soundstage is wider than the 2 above mentioned. (without UL new cable and sonicaps)

The 11pro benefit more from the sonicaps than the T1 in terms of soundstage since the T1 is already very wide and improve the treble performance on the 11pro.

Home: Wadia 781i - Gryphon Sonata Allegro  - Gryphon Antileon Signature Mono - Wilson Watt puppy
Roady

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 05:49:43 AM »

Shocked

sigh... fixed cables are a big no-no for me.... especially when you have itchy fingers like mine Grin Grin Grin Grin uncle ridgzin knows what i'm talking about. plus i do enjoy the versatility of detachable cables and the ability to mix and match sound signatures, so perhaps, detachable cables arent such a bad thing after all Tongue Grin Grin Grin
i've always wondered how strong silicon is though, prone to breakage and rub damage?

I know.... I'm a rough user like you, broke 2 sets of UM2 with UM56 in a month. The T1 silicon feel very strong though, there's a sample you can feel at stereo.

Gba_chia

YNWA

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 05:50:11 AM »

Kopi... poisoned???  Cheesy

Fujitsu U2010
UE Triple Fi
Westone UM 1
ESW 9 - Custom Cables
FreQ Shows - Red / Clear

Roady

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 05:51:42 AM »

Nice write up Roady!

Still on the fence about the caps though. especially considering the performance vs size. Also since they didn't do anything for me in particular.

But for the ICs, I must say they are realllly good. However they aren't Ultimate Link prototypes... More like... personal prototypes...  Cheesy

The IC has Ultimate link logo on it.

Gba_chia

YNWA

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 05:53:09 AM »

Nice write up Roady!

The IC has Ultimate link logo on it.

Oh?? ok.. perhaps not the ones I had in mind...

Now I'm just as blur as the next guy... Any pics per chance?

Fujitsu U2010
UE Triple Fi
Westone UM 1
ESW 9 - Custom Cables
FreQ Shows - Red / Clear

ackt

A.C

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 06:02:55 AM »

The 11pro benefit more from the sonicaps than the T1 in terms of soundstage since the T1 is already very wide and improve the treble performance on the 11pro.

I tested 11Pro on my orchestra music and find that it's true that it has better soundstage than any other customs and never had a chance to try on T1,so i can't judge how does it sound.
But as far as i know,there are a lot of different spec and performance customs in terms of soundstange,bass,treble or noise isolation in the market nowadays so in the end,it depends on yourself to judge which is the best customs to invest in. Wink

Kopi... poisoned???  Cheesy

He is always poisoned by new IEMs or Cans. Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:04:34 AM by ackt » Logged

Portable: Cowon D2|Westone UM2|.22 Ordance Amp.
Others Headphones and IEMs:ATH-ANC3|HD555|HD650
Fernando Lee

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 06:24:35 AM »

nice review

I am a human =)

Cheers
Darkkopi

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 06:29:55 AM »

He is always poisoned by new IEMs or Cans. Grin Grin Grin

Kopi... poisoned???  Cheesy

nope Tongue

Darkkopi

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 06:51:43 AM »

I personally own a set of Ety ER-4S with Westone custom but didn't went for the APS cable change, IMO that should be the ER4S in its 90-95% performance, based on that, the ACS's soundstage is wider than the 2 above mentioned. (without UL new cable and sonicaps)

IMO, the APS cable do improve the ER4s by quite a lot, day and night?, as i personally never really like the er4s with stock cable until i got the APS cable. it gives more height to the soundstage, making it wider. Bass response was much better and the highs are not harsh compared to the stock cable.

Maybe we could meet up someday and you could try it with your custom mold since you own them too.

Roady

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 07:42:38 AM »

IMO, the APS cable do improve the ER4s by quite a lot, day and night?, as i personally never really like the er4s with stock cable until i got the APS cable. it gives more height to the soundstage, making it wider. Bass response was much better and the highs are not harsh compared to the stock cable.

Maybe we could meet up someday and you could try it with your custom mold since you own them too.

I don't think I need to try the ER-4S/APS.

I'm a believer of quality cables but every speaker/drivers has its own limitations, saying that I've paid a small fortune on digital coaxial alone just for my Wadia transport recently and I can't say I've gain more than 10% of overall performance so good for you dark kopi.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: