Jaben Community
July 25, 2014, 03:02:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Small size, big sound.  (Read 4896 times)
fr3derick

« on: December 11, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »

Tomahawk, Hornet and Predator, step aside. Thereís a new kid in town. Enter the Mustang, P-51. Packed in a small brushed aluminum casing it comes. And it comes with a bang. Starting off with aesthetics, it has the typical RSA amplifier casing, just that the gain on this is on the face of the amp itself, where the wordings are printed. We all know we can customize the colors of the body plate, face and knob. Mine came brushed in black, with a brass knob. Moving on to the sound. Letís put it this way; let's NOT be deceived by its size. I, for one, have to admit I wasnít expecting very much. Boy, was I wrong. Wrong indeed. The Mustang sounded very, very good to my ears; and has become my favorite amplifier as of now. The general signature of this amp is different from the other RSA amps. The Mustangís attack is not all too fast, your opinion might vary. Some who have tried it will confer with me. Coming from the XJ-03, the Mustang has a slower punch to it; but the punch is nice. The mids is the aspect where this amp truly shines. I dare say the mids outshines any other amp Iíve tried. The mids are lush; very smooth. Itís warm, but not too warm.  When you hear it, you'll understand what I mean  Wink. Not that the other aspects arenít spectacular, they are. The bass has a nice, tight punch to it. It's not boomy, or flabby. For the record, it extends deep to an extent, still keeping it's tight quantity. The highs, what can I say. Extends very, very well. I havenít tried the Mustang with full sized cans except the Sony R10 and the Senn HD 600, but from what I hear from these two very beautiful things, chances are many of you are going to be wowed. Just as I am. Overall, this amp ranks itself as one of the forerunners amongst the amps I've tried. For it's size, it's almost unbeatable if you ask me. Even when compared to other amplifiers twice the size of the Mustang, I dare say it beats them. For anyone looking to get an amplifier, do remember to audition this beauty. Truly portable beauty at itís finest. And one more thing, letís just say Rayís comments about the Westone 3ís uncanny synergy with the P-51 isn't without basis. (Hint: David  Grin) Once again, a job well done Ray. I canít remember anything else sounding nicer to me recently. Except maybe that Sennheiser...

Updated!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:26:37 AM by fr3derick » Logged
uberburger101

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 09:56:14 AM »

Ray himself said there was good synergy with the P51 and W3. Congrats. Wink

TEAM WOODY

iPhone 3GS | Atrio
ERC-1 | Ear+ HD | RS-1

"If you haven't heard it, you don't have an opinion." - Ivor Tiefenbrun, founder of Linn
david

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

Quote from:  link=topic=7686.msg131709#msg131709 date=1229013367
Tomahawk, Hornet and Predator, step aside. Thereís a new kid in town. Enter the Mustang, P-51. Packed in a small brushed aluminum casing it comes. And it comes with a bang. Starting off with aesthetics, it has the typical RSA amplifier casing, just that the gain on this is on the face of the amp itself, where the wordings are printed. We all know we can customize the colors of the body plate, face and knob. Mine came brushed in black, with a brass knob. Moving on to the sound. Letís put it this way; do NOT be deceived by its size. I, for one, have to admit I wasnít expecting very much. Boy, was I wrong. The general signature of this amp is different from the other RSA amps. The Mustangís attack is not all too fast, your opinion might vary. Coming from the XJ-03, the Mustang has a slower punch to it. The mids are where this amp truly shines. I dare say the mids outshines any other amp Iíve tried. The mids are lush; very smooth. Itís warm, but not too warm. When you hear it, you'll get it. Not that the other aspects arenít spectacular, they are. The bass has a nice, tight punch to it. It's not boomy, or flabby. The highs, what can I say. Extends very, very well. I havenít tried the Mustang with full sized cans except the Sony R10 and the Senn HD 600, but from what I hear from these two very beautiful things, chances are many of you are going to be wowed. Just as I am. Overall, this amp ranks itself as one of the forerunners amongst the amps I've tried. For it's size, it's almost unbeatable if you ask me. For anyone looking to get an amplifier, do remember to audition this beauty. Portable beauty at itís finest. And one more thing, letís just say Rayís comments about the Westone 3ís synergy with the P-51 isn't without basis. (Hint: David  Grin) Once again, a job well done Ray. I canít remember anything else sounding nicer to me recently. Except maybe that Sennheiser...

P.S: There you go David. Now smile. ; I expect to update this soon, once I get time. Sorry if it's too brief!

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Angry Angry Angry Angry
sigh... how's the bass extension with the w3? nice and deep? Grin Grin Grin

cyxpeanut

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »

i want try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fr3derick

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »

Tomahawk, Hornet and Predator, step aside. Thereís a new kid in town. Enter the Mustang, P-51. Packed in a small brushed aluminum casing it comes. And it comes with a bang. Starting off with aesthetics, it has the typical RSA amplifier casing, just that the gain on this is on the face of the amp itself, where the wordings are printed. We all know we can customize the colors of the body plate, face and knob. Mine came brushed in black, with a brass knob. Moving on to the sound. Letís put it this way; do NOT be deceived by its size. I, for one, have to admit I wasnít expecting very much. Boy, was I wrong. The general signature of this amp is different from the other RSA amps. The Mustangís attack is not all too fast, your opinion might vary. Coming from the XJ-03, the Mustang has a slower punch to it. The mids are where this amp truly shines. I dare say the mids outshines any other amp Iíve tried. The mids are lush; very smooth. Itís warm, but not too warm. When you hear it, you'll get it. Not that the other aspects arenít spectacular, they are. The bass has a nice, tight punch to it. It's not boomy, or flabby. The highs, what can I say. Extends very, very well. I havenít tried the Mustang with full sized cans except the Sony R10 and the Senn HD 600, but from what I hear from these two very beautiful things, chances are many of you are going to be wowed. Just as I am. Overall, this amp ranks itself as one of the forerunners amongst the amps I've tried. For it's size, it's almost unbeatable if you ask me. For anyone looking to get an amplifier, do remember to audition this beauty. Portable beauty at itís finest. And one more thing, letís just say Rayís comments about the Westone 3ís synergy with the P-51 isn't without basis. (Hint: David  Grin) Once again, a job well done Ray. I canít remember anything else sounding nicer to me recently. Except maybe that Sennheiser...

P.S: There you go David. Now smile. ; I expect to update this soon, once I get time. Sorry if it's too brief!

You can bet it is, my friend. Punchy and reasonably deep.
david

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 10:49:02 PM »

Quote from:  link=topic=7686.msg132196#msg132196 date=1229096653

ahhhhh... thanks! btw, when will you be back? Grin Grin Grin

fr3derick

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:43 PM »

Quote from:  link=topic=7686.msg132196#msg132196 date=1229096653

ahhhhh... thanks! btw, when will you be back? Grin Grin Grin
Sooooooooooooooon  Grin

Nah, I'll be back in about say 5 days?
uberburger101

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:38 PM »

You can try mine as well. Tongue

@: Not changing your signature?

TEAM WOODY

iPhone 3GS | Atrio
ERC-1 | Ear+ HD | RS-1

"If you haven't heard it, you don't have an opinion." - Ivor Tiefenbrun, founder of Linn
fr3derick

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 11:08:31 AM »

You can try mine as well. Tongue

@: Not changing your signature?

Heh, I totally forgot about that.  Cheesy
wwyjoe

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »

is the mustang P51 available in jaben? If not, when?
nystalia

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 03:32:36 PM »

It will be available soon.... check out the product arrival page.

Portable
SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB
Ultimate Ears UE 10 Pro Custom

Home
Fubar II w/ LM4562
Aego M

cyxpeanut

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 08:43:49 PM »

how soon?Huh?Huh?Huh?? will it come in time for christmas?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??

i've been a good boy this year.................
david

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 11:39:59 PM »

how soon?Huh?Huh?Huh?? will it come in time for christmas?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??

i believe so... be patient, it will come.

fr3derick

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 11:58:38 PM »

i believe so... be patient, it will come.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
alonsocwj

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »

You've changed from "Predator" to the "Black Bird", any plans for the "Mustang"?  :Smiley

Rig: Imod 5.5G 80gb -> Crystal Imod /ALO SXC 18AWG + B.A.D Musical Box 2.0 -> RSA "The Predator" -> Westone 3 (ES3X coming)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: