Jaben Community
October 25, 2014, 02:45:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  
Author Topic: Customs...  (Read 18739 times)
ralliart12

« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2009, 03:26:37 PM »

...still waiting for freq to be back

Yup, it's been a super long while ...I heard they're even backlogged for those who send in their freqs for "support" after their announcement of stopped-operations.

...yes it is. customs do not provide 100% isolation. ambient noises can still be heard...

I guess I must manage my expectations then; right now I will say the seal is comparable to a pair of new comply on my ol' UM1. Except for the custom, the seal kind off "breaks"/change when I yawn or shift my face/jaw muscle.

...i don't hear these noise when playing music, but i do turn up the volume quite A bit.

I see. I'm actually hoping to further reduce my "normal" playback volume after getting customs, as I'm very afraid of the volume being "more harmful" in the totally sealed "chamber" between the custom and my ear canal. Currently my volume bar is exactly half-filled on my iPod Touch. Do u suggest I should up it to 75% to block out the ambient noise?
direcow

Here Be Geeks

« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2009, 04:34:39 PM »

freqs hasn't answered my multiple emails since september.

and yeah, since customs (Except sensas) are hard, they don't shift according to the shifts of your ear as your mouth moves. That's why half open is kind off best, since it's an average between fully open and closed.

thing is, my volume requirements dropped after I got my customs - I suggest you get your fit checked out.

Music: 5.5G DIYmod 80GB > DIY mundorf BG LOD > RSA Predator > Whiplash TwAg > UM SF5EB
Home: Foobar2000 (wasapi) > Audio-g.d. COMPASS neutral + Moon > JMoney Pad Denon D5000
ralliart12

« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »

...thing is, my volume requirements dropped after I got my customs - I suggest you get your fit checked out.

May I know how & where?
direcow

Here Be Geeks

« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2009, 05:47:57 PM »

...thing is, my volume requirements dropped after I got my customs - I suggest you get your fit checked out.

May I know how & where?

Try Jaben?
Or try this to check the fit:
http://www.sensaphonics.com/test/index.html

Music: 5.5G DIYmod 80GB > DIY mundorf BG LOD > RSA Predator > Whiplash TwAg > UM SF5EB
Home: Foobar2000 (wasapi) > Audio-g.d. COMPASS neutral + Moon > JMoney Pad Denon D5000
ralliart12

« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2009, 07:15:45 PM »

...Or try this to check the fit:

hi direcow, Thanks for  link, for my case the 500Hz(higher-pitched) tone is ever so slightly louder than the low-pitch one, but I strongly suspect it may be due to the pitch difference, i.. ears more sensitive to high pitch noise hence it "feels" louder.

Therefore I do not know how to judge accurately the "sounds" results I hear from the test.
direcow

Here Be Geeks

« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »

...Or try this to check the fit:

hi direcow, Thanks for  link, for my case the 500Hz(higher-pitched) tone is ever so slightly louder than the low-pitch one, but I strongly suspect it may be due to the pitch difference, i.. ears more sensitive to high pitch noise hence it "feels" louder.

Therefore I do not know how to judge accurately the "sounds" results I hear from the test.

Therefore you should consult your audiologist, or the person who did the molds for you.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  

Jump to: