Jaben Community
August 01, 2014, 04:38:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ibanez customs..  (Read 3292 times)
fengtard

« on: February 19, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »

hey guys, i currently own an ibanez S7, loaded with dimarzio Evo7's. basically i feel the VERY VERY strong urge to upgrade, but it wouldn't be so soon. so anyway, i was thinking since the schecter C7 hellraiser i wanted so badly had a tad bit of a problem with bending (26.5" scale length for you..)

and since i liked the S7 a lot, i was actually thinking of custom making my very own ibanez. so that brings me to the main question..

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO MAKE AN IBANEZ CUSTOM? *preferably in sg, though i won't expect so..
Itachi46

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:04:57 PM »

I'm confused what do u actually want "customed"? like wahts wrong with the normal s7?
kangcore

needs more cowbell

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 04:18:18 PM »

yea... what do you mean by "custom make" an ibanez?

do you mean:
- upgrading your current ibanez to your preferred specifications?
- creating an official Ibanez brand guitar custom-made to your specifications?
- creating a replica Ibanez guitar (without brand) custom-made to your specifications?

Eargear: Aurisonics ASG-1 / Atrios+Custom tips / Beyer DT1350 / V-Jays / Final Audio PF-II | My New Music & Demo Songs
Disclosure: I help out with Red Dot Music - dealer for Aurisonics IEMs in Singapore!
jonesphile

contradictory

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:21:42 PM »

Custom made guitars in general are not cheap IMO... I would rather spend the money on stock guitars and better amps/guitar effects. Why not try out the Ibanez RG series? Their Wizard II necks are really sick, if you're into shredding and stuff, this line of guitars is the way to go. As for difficulty in bending, probably hook up a 9-42 set of strings and that'll solve your problem. After you have built up enough strength in your fingers then move on to the standard gauge of 10-46. The lost in tone is better than the lost in your fundamentals.  Smiley

Current rig: Cowon D2 16GB  | UE Superfi.5 Pro w/ ES2 cables |
Used to own: Westone UM1 | Crossroads PLD Amp | AMB Mini3 LT1469 | MOGAMI OFC LOD | JVC RX-700 | .22 amp | 6G Classic 80GB | Cryo Copper IC |
astaroth

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:20:02 PM »

i would just go for the c7  Grin
fengtard

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:26:53 PM »

do you mean:
- creating a replica Ibanez guitar (without brand) custom-made to your specifications?

i meant an official Ibanez.. custom made to my specs Tongue

ok to be a little more specific.. I use a 7 String.. and i love the S7 for it's killer body (light, thin, yet fat with tone), the ultra-fast neck (an ibanez norm), and the playability..

BUT. i would prefer it to be 24 frets, which is something Ibanez refuses to release.. and to the aesthetics part, the S series do not have any white ones.. and of course, with a healthy selection of many many woods to choose from, sky's the limit!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:31:23 PM by fengtard » Logged
mtakahata

Studio

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »

go Thailand and find a guitar luther. They made my friend's custom PRS for 2/3 of the price

Live Sound Smiley
Itachi46

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 10:38:25 AM »

theres something about 24 frets I'm failing to remember... thers a reason why ibanez Did not make the 24 (same reason why they Did not have 24 on the S series till last year) something about changing the tone and something.. i'll get bak to u when i remember...

and you're spending a lot more just for those 2 frets that i doubt u will use that often..
fengtard

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »

theres something about 24 frets I'm failing to remember... thers a reason why ibanez Did not make the 24 (same reason why they Did not have 24 on the S series till last year) something about changing the tone and something.. i'll get bak to u when i remember...

and you're spending a lot more just for those 2 frets that i doubt u will use that often..

that's true.. but i do prefer the playability and easy access to higher frets, which is why i like 24fret guitars. but then again, this is a long term plan, so i won't be doing it THAT soon. i just need to find out the sufficient information i'd need beore jumping into the bandwagon!
hollowman

Heaven Inside

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »

i don't think Ibanez's custom shop is open to the public, i found a petition dated Jul 08 getting Ibanez to open it to the public. Currently only endorsees get to custom i guess.

But strangely i saw a jap guitarist playing a custom 24fret 7-stringer and i don't think he's an endorsee. J-custom perhaps??

Searches on google, sevenstring.org and jemsite all suggest the custom shop being opened to endorsees only, but I feel you should contact Ibanez directly or through  Lee, they could give you a better answer.

the only 24f 7str i can think of are the Xiphos and the Universe  Sad

CD6003 | SR-71A | TF10 | ESW10-JPN
teokiatuan

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 07:13:46 AM »

do you mean:

i meant an official Ibanez.. custom made to my specs Tongue

not possible at this point in time

Kw1q51lv3r_Vorian

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 07:43:24 AM »

i don't think Ibanez's custom shop is open to the public, i found a petition dated Jul 08 getting Ibanez to open it to the public. Currently only endorsees get to custom i guess.

But strangely i saw a jap guitarist playing a custom 24fret 7-stringer and i don't think he's an endorsee. J-custom perhaps??

Searches on google, sevenstring.org and jemsite all suggest the custom shop being opened to endorsees only, but I feel you should contact Ibanez directly or through  Lee, they could give you a better answer.

the only 24f 7str i can think of are the Xiphos and the Universe  Sad

And the Xiphos 7-string doesn't even seem to be available here, although the online singapore catalogue has it.

if you really want a NEW guitar, I might suggest a strictly custom shop from Poland called Ran. the website's www.ranguitars.com. You can fill out a spec form and send it to them for a quote, which is in Euros and does not include shipping.

porta rig: none.
home rig: MacBook Pro 15-Inch -> Alessandro MS-1

guitar rig: Squier Bullet Strat w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion S bridge -> Beta Alvin Heavy Metal HM-200 -> Smarvo GS66X
hollowman

Heaven Inside

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 11:26:30 AM »

And the Xiphos 7-string doesn't even seem to be available here, although the online singapore catalogue has it.

if you really want a NEW guitar, I might suggest a strictly custom shop from Poland called Ran. the website's www.ranguitars.com. You can fill out a spec form and send it to them for a quote, which is in Euros and does not include shipping.

i saw the 2 xiphos models, the 700 and 707, on  lee's online store, but i haven't step inside the store in ages to see the actual guitar  Cheesy

i saw your siggy, perhaps you might be interested, hehe

Smiley

CD6003 | SR-71A | TF10 | ESW10-JPN
Kw1q51lv3r_Vorian

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 08:39:07 PM »

i saw the 2 xiphos models, the 700 and 707, on  lee's online store, but i haven't step inside the store in ages to see the actual guitar  Cheesy

i saw your siggy, perhaps you might be interested, hehe

Smiley

Oh, I am VERY interested. i just don't have the money. my bank account only has 64 bucks. and I've walked in to  lee countless times enquiring about the xiphos 7-string but nadah.

porta rig: none.
home rig: MacBook Pro 15-Inch -> Alessandro MS-1

guitar rig: Squier Bullet Strat w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion S bridge -> Beta Alvin Heavy Metal HM-200 -> Smarvo GS66X
fengtard

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 08:43:02 PM »

i remember seeing the xiphos 7string a few times at sweelee, actually.. but they didn't have it the last time i went (last friday)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: